20120423

Randy Fenoli offers glimpse into his life prior to first visit to Cape Breton

Approximately 40 vendors of wedding and women’s products and services will take part in the Engaged Bridal 2012 expo, which will be followed by a fashion show featuring wedding dresses from a local bridal salon, and an appearance by Fenoli. The expo gets underway at 4:30 p.m.
Luxurious princess Taffeta One Shoulder strap design A-Line Wedding Dress ML2517
Fenoli, who designed his own bridal line for many years, is fashion director at Kleinfeld Bridal, one of the world’s premier bridal salons in Manhattan, N.Y. He stars in the popular TLC television series, “Say Yes to the Dress” which gives viewers an in-depth look at the inner workings of Kleinfeld Bridal. The show, described as “part fashion show, part bridal story, part family therapy,” reveals the hurdles the staff face as they guide brides through the process of selecting, fitting, altering and delivering each dress.
Tickets to the expo are $30 and are available through the Centre 200 box office, and online at www.tickets.capebreton.ca.
Fenoli responded to a few of our questions via email:
Q: What’s your favourite part of working with brides-to-be?
A: “My belief is that all women are beautiful, and it is my job to find the perfect dress to enhance her beauty. I get the opportunity to share in one of the most important moments in a woman’s life and become a part of the family for that moment. The most rewarding moment is when I am able to help a woman who may never have considered herself “pretty” to look into the mirror and realize that she is beautiful.”
Q: What’s the most important piece of advice you give brides-to-be, as they begin the process of selecting a dress?
A: “I think the most important thing a bride needs to remember is to enjoy the process. Planning a wedding can be wonderful or it can be stressful. It all depends on how you choose to go through the process. I often compare the wedding process to riding a roller coaster. You have a choice. You can either throw your hands in the air and enjoy the ride, or you can throw your head over the side and puke.”
Q: What do you enjoy most about your public appearances?
A: “Public appearances give me the opportunity to be able to connect with a larger group than working privately in the salon. I want to teach people to love, accept, and embrace themselves. In my presentations I teach through what I call my ‘three e’s’, educate, elevate, and empower. My hope is that after people see my presentation I have not only taught them something, but that I am able to help elevate their life in some way and that they leave the presentation empowered to be confident in the choices they make in life. It is amazing what one can learn from a dress.”
Q: What’s it like meeting your fans and fans of the show?
A: “No matter where I go, I love meeting fans. I am always thrilled and humbled by how many people approach me to tell me how I have touched their lives, or how much they enjoy watching me on ‘Say Yes to the wedding dress.’ I truly love hearing their stories and making that human connection. I always remember Dolly Parton in an interview saying that she prayed her whole life to get where she was and she wasn’t going to complain now that she was there.
Q: Have you ever been to Cape Breton? Anything you’re looking forward to seeing on the island?
A: “I have not been to Cape Breton before and am very excited. It will be the furthest east I have been in North America. And my Canadian fans are some of the best in the world and I always have a great time when I visit. You’ll probably laugh, but the lobster rolls and mussels are probably what I am most looking forward to. Last time I was in Canada I had lobster for every meal. It was wonderful.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario